As a native Nashvillian, Sophie Shear started out as a recording “session singer” at the ripe age of 8, gaining experience in a wide range of genres and styles.
She possesses a unique and remarkable ability to “see” what’s happening inside of a voice with her ears, which makes for lightning-fast results in areas of range extension, increased power, pitch control, tone clarity, and style application. The changes are palpable. Understanding a person and communicating on their level is key to maximizing their potential, and communication is Sophie’s gift.
Despite having coached well-known artists for over a decade, Sophie rarely speaks about her client list. "I don’t want people to get distracted by the celebrity status of some of my artists, because everyone who sits in front of me is treated equal. And we want our clients who are in the spotlight to find a private, inspiring environment to strengthen their gifts."
- Founded Sophie Shear Vocal Studios in 2009
- Developer of the Total Voice Method
- Vocal + Stage Performance events for church choirs + worship teams since 2010
- Vocal producer - recording session coach in Nashville recording industry
- Voice coach to label artists in Country, Rock, Pop, Funk, Soul, Jazz genres since 2007
- Performance + tour prep coach to touring artists and bands
- Partners as staff vocal trainer for Nashville-based Worship Leader training school
“Slow Dancing in a Burning Room”
by John Mayer
Favorite under-the-weather vocal remedy
Steam for a sore throat, neti pot with saline and Tea Tree essential oils for nasal congestion